Stop Press: I have been nominated for, the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, by J.P. Lane. http://jplanewrites.blogspot.co.uk/
I am delighted to accept of course – so, thank you Joan, so glad you enjoy this blog and find it inspiring. Joan’s blog explores the history and foibles of fashion and I urge you to visit.
All I need to do now, according to the rules, is to tell you 7 things about myself. Since my blog tends to tell you everything you need to know about me, this could be tricky and I know I have told you seven things before. However, never fear, there are always more!
In the spirit of the award here are 7 more things you may or may not have known about me until now:
- Our third grandson was born on 4th February this year. Elliott George Dennis is gorgeous of course. Here he is with big brother William.
- Our fourth grandchild is due in August – Wow! We are so lucky ;-))
- I have spent the past year sorting out the care and welfare of my 30-year-old nephew who has Asperger’s, following the deaths of both my sister and brother-in-law. This has provided both of us with high doses of sadness and hilarity by turn. My husband and I are now well versed in the ways of Social Services and the Care System and also manage a Trust set up by my sister for the beneficiaries. Thank goodness we have both run companies before—administration is everything.
- I recently had “The boy in the cowboy hat”, published in Memoir Journal. It is a personal memoir about my younger brother who died of AIDS in 1993. I disagreed with the Editor’s substitution of a particular word but they published anyway. C’est la vie!
- I like eating ginger biscuits with a cup of tea as a treat.
- I love Eddie Izzard – his humour is right down my street and I enjoyed the recent, ”Meet the Izzards” as he followed the progress of his and our ancestors, across the globe, courtesy of DNA.
- I hate the question….“So, what are you doing these days?” (you knew that though from my last post but I just had to add it)
Other than that, all there is for me to do, is to nominate my own, favourite, inspiring bloggers. Had I more time the list would be longer but, as it is, here are my two nominations which carry no caveats other than that nominees accept and pass on if they can.
My nominees are:
Catbird Scout for outstanding writing and beautiful descriptions second to none. Deb has a way with words.
Andrea Carlisle Andrea will capture your imagination with her tales from her family’s Prairie past and you’ll be moved to laughter and tears with her wonderful account of life at ‘The Place”—the residence of her elderly mother.
I shall now dust down the plaque that comes with the award and hang it on the wall to the right.
Thank you again Joan!